Support for Online Course Development
The Belk Center is providing free coaching support for community college colleagues who need additional assistance in transitioning their face-to-face courses, online. Complete this google form to request support from expert coaches in online course development.
In a time of crisis, The Belk Center recognizes our community college colleagues are facing a rapidly changing context while also rising to the occasion to meet the needs of students across our state. This webpage provides a wide array of resources that can be utilized by faculty, staff, and administrators. Specialized resources for community college presidents are also available. In partnership with the North Carolina Student Success Center (SSC), we are actively updating our website. Please share any additional resources or recommendations by emailing us at email@example.com.
The following information provides resources that answers the following questions:
- What resources are available as I prepare to teach students online?
- What information should I share with students to prepare them for remote learning?
- What community-based resources can I share with my students?
- How do I utilize an equitable approach to support my students in a changing environment?
- How are NC’s education sectors responding to the coronavirus pandemic?
- Where can I find resources on topics like tutoring, advising, and testing?
What resources are available as I prepare to teach students online?
- QM Emergency Remote Instruction (ERI) Checklist (Webpage, Quality Matters)
- Request free coaching support for your course transition (Form, Belk Center Faculty)
- Active Learning in the Online Environment (Video, Belk Center Faculty)
- Low Bandwidth Online Course Design (Video, Belk Center Faculty)
- Course Assignment Revisions: How to Lighten the Load (Video, Belk Center Faculty)
- Quick Transition from Classroom to Online (Document, Belk Center Faculty)
- Online Student Surveys (Video, Belk Center Faculty)
- Transition to Distance Learning Webinar Series for NCCCS– Free Webinars April 3rd , 9th , 17th , and 24th (SSC & WestEd)
- NCVPS Talk: Building a Community of Digital Learning Leaders (NC Virtual)
- Teaching Mathematics with Technology (Course, Friday Institute at NC State)
- Online Teaching & Learning Through Disruption (Webinar Series, Achieving the Dream)
- The Difference Between Emergency Remote Teaching and Online Learning (Article, EDUCASE Review)
- Best Practices: Online Pedagogy (Harvard University)
What information should I share with students to prepare them for remote learning?
- What makes a successful online student? (University of Illinois)
- Six tips for being a successful online student (University of Cincinnati)
- Online Tutoring Resources Available at NC Community Colleges (NCCCS)
What community-based resources can I share with my students?
- Aunt Bertha (NCCCS)
- NC 2-1-1 (United Way of North Carolina)
- Single Stop: Supporting Families in Meeting Basic Needs
- Finish Line Emergency Aid Grants (North Carolina Department of Commerce)
- First in Future Podcast (Institute for Emerging Issues, NC State)
- Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to COVID-19 (U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid)
- Rural Community Resource Hub (Harvard Education Redesign Lab)
- Resources for Student Parents (Institute for Emerging Issues, NC State)
How do I utilize an equitable approach to support my students in a changing environment?
- Discussions on the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training (TAACCCT) Program (New America, Education Policy)
- Equitable Decision-Making Checklist (Central Carolina Community College, Jairo McMican)
- The COVID-19 DEI Crisis Action Strategy Guide (Damon Williams, University of Wisconsin Madison)
- Equity-Minded Student Services in the Online Environment – Free Webinar April 9th (Center for Organizational Responsibility & Advancement)
- Staying ADA Compliant during the pandemic (American Association for Community Colleges)
How are NC’s education sectors responding to the coronavirus pandemic?
- North Carolina Department of Instruction (DPI) Coronavirus Updates
- North Carolina Community College (NCCC) System Office COVID-19 Updates
- University of North Carolina (UNC) System Coronavirus Guidance
- North Carolina Independent Colleges & Universities
Where can I find resources on topics like tutoring, advising, and testing?
See our google drive with additional resources. Please note, we are updating the drive often and welcome you to share any resources for submission to google drive by emailing as us at firstname.lastname@example.org.